Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So this one time, I was hit by a skytrain...

Today, a man was hit by a skytrain and lived.

They called it a "medical emergency", stopped all trains for a while, then declared all stations at that end closed, then re-opened them.

I was three stations away (the one day I needed to go out there!), listening to everyone else in the car bitch about how long it was taking and all I could think was, well, probably the time we're waiting is the time it's taking an ambulance to arrive. It's not a technical difficulty, it's not someone's lazy mistake, it's medical. All bets are off.

How cool is it that he was hit and still lives! In all of Canada, how many people can strike up a conversation with, 'So this one time, I was hit by a skytrain...'

He's alive! He's alive! He's alive!

I wonder if he wants to be.

0 comments: