Someday, I will announce my intention to engage in fisticuffs. And then I will giggle madly and get beaten up but it will be worth it.
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Friday, April 29, 2011
My Philosophy teacher liked to use the phrase "profoundly trivial." I found his class profoundly trivial.
This semestre, I had a lot of information zipping around in my head. Most of the time, I kept it to myself because no one really wants to know that Canada's first prison was built in Kingston, Ontario, but sometimes it slipped out.
Once at a birthday party, I got drunk and kept shouting "Taste aversion! Taste aversion!" (thanks Psych 1100!). That was also the night I convinced someone there's only six continents. 'Cause Europe doesn't count.
I now officially unofficially have an Associates degree in Creative Writing. That'll get me a job, right?
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
1) The other day I went on a treasure hunt to find an art show. We had to ask for directions though because the gallery was hidden in a convenience store and who looks in a convenience store for an art show?
2) My friend and I went dress shopping in a cute little boutique with swaths of tulle and beading and satin in the window.
Except I had a problem. This cute little boutique insists that people take their shoes off at the door. No! I don't want to take my shoes off, this is a store not a living room!
That lasted until I noticed the darling white and pink cocktail dress in the other window. Then we hunkered inside and slipped our shoes off. Well, my friend slipped her shoes off and I leaned against the doorframe and heaved my boots off. There was some grunting involved. And then, my mismatched socks were on display.
One had red and white polka dots and the other was olive green with little green tuffs all over.
3) I began reading Confessions of A Pioneer Woman yesterday. It's written by a city girl (like me!) who loves high heels and Starbucks (like me!) who married a rancher and lives on a farm (like...oh). She wrote a novel on how she met and married her husband and posted the entire thing on her blog. As of 1:48am this morning, I have read the entire thing. Can't wait for the movie.
I read it because she's funny and weird and because I wanted to understand how exactly she went from city girl to wife of a rancher. And because I know there's a happy ending. There's nothing worse than a quirky start with a weepy ending.
I'm looking at you, Jon and Kate.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Reasons Why I Should Not Be A Lawyer:
1) Everyone hates them.
2) I'll still be a student when I'm twenty six.
3) There's a bar exam, which has nothing to do with drinking.
Reasons Why I Should Be A Lawyer:
1) I'll be called a doctor.
Decision made. Stay tuned for the revamp of this blog, soon to be called 'The Ousted Doctor.'
Monday, April 25, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Today, I found "Shrek: the Musical" soundtrack at the library and after I finished squealing, I had to scramble about to find a novel decent enough to counter a singing ogre so the librarian wouldn't judge me.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
I decided to make cookies to take to my guaranteed-stressful meeting tomorrow so it would be guaranteed-stressful with snacks.
My Lemon Thumbprints turned into Burnt Shortbread though. That's why I ate five of them. To be sure they weren't salvageable. Yeah.